Stepping outside my comfort zone

So when I re-started this blog I wasn't sure how I was going to go about organizing how often to post. I read a ton of material advising me on when to post, how often...blah blah blah. Well, the way I see it if I am in the middle of an epic project and want to share my excitement with others than I shouldn't have to contain myself by saying "oh no it's only monday but your calendar says you shouldn't blog again until wednesday". Sorry guys I am not very good at following traditional rules. Thus, welcome to my latest post... For the last few weeks I have been preparing myself mentally and physically for my voyage to Burning Man Art Festival this coming August. Part of that preparation is starting a Kickstarter account to raise funds to have my project turned into a coffee table book to share with all of you. For those of you not familiar with kickstarter it is a website hosting that helps small businesses and entrepreneurs raise money to make awesome artwork,gadgets and films to share with the world. Part of the kickstarter project is making a video about yourself and your motivation behind your campaign. Personally I am one to shy far away from video recording myself and especially interviewing. I am a photographer after all and feel most comfortable on the other side of the lens. So welcome to step one in Jeanine's efforts to leave her comfort zone for the sake of photography and professional growth. In the next coming weeks follow me as my project proposal takes form, goes live and pushes me outside of my happy bubble. My shot list is complete and my co-worker, riding buddy and all around great friend/cinematographer Jason Cline is down for the job of capturing my awesomeness on camera. Three,two, one... lights camera action!

Comments