Slow and steady wins the race...

Well, today marks officially a week (I know that is not that long) since I sent in my first draft synopsis of my book and images of my storyboard to Burning Man's media mecca committee. and I understand these things take time, but I am having flash backs to when I was a teenager applying for colleges. I know I know patience is a virtue and all that good stuff but...frankly I am antsy. Actually antsy doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. I am hopeful, progressive, over stimulated and a bit too caffeinated for my own good lately. Now that winter is upon us, I am in full on creating mode. Thankfully xmas has taken some of that time away for gift making. But seriously, my story is taking form, my images are organized, my alternative images are scripted, and all I need is the green light to continue down the yellow brick road.
I know that in the end this is still a form of a business transaction, and that copyrights are no joke. I have done extensive research on my own copyright laws since becoming self-employed 7 years ago. Overwhelmed by legal jargen and hopes of making everyone happy and content in copyright contracts, can sometimes make one feel like falling down a rabbit hole with no end in sight.
In the end, I am very grateful for this experience no matter which way the chips may fall. Thus,the time set aside now that Ashe and I have apart from creating her wanderland is good for me and will keep me grounded and focused in the long run. You can never rush a good thing, whether it be art, business, good food, friendships or love. Here's hoping to a happily ever after.
“And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversation?” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Comments