Water water everywhere!

Life is good, what can I say. I have been extremely busy and couldn't be happier to be back on the grind after a quite mellow winter. Spring time paddling is going off and I am stoked to be part of it in every way shape and form. I am a licensed guide on the mighty Hudson River Gorge. I have also been fortunate, thanks to mother nature to have been paddling and filming quite a few different smaller rivers and creeks including the Boreas River and East Stoney Creek. Both spots are class 3-4 creeking. They are intense, technical and SO much fun. Right now I have a GoPro hero 3 edit up on Youtube (there will be a second post containing the video) for the Boreas River and am in the process of editing East Stoney Creek. New York state has tons of good water and I am blessed to be working and paddling with some amazing friends and athletes.
In addition to filming with my crew paddling, I will be out on the Hudson this weekend in North River New York photographing the 57th annual Hudson River Whitewater Derby. So if you are in the area or looking for something fun to do this weekend this is the place to be. Races start saturday morning registration 10am race at 11am. There is also a 13 mile downriver race sunday morning same times.To check out all of last years Whitewater Derby action go to my website www.jeaninenewell.com click on the header Whitewater Derby.
Hope everyone is having as much fun this Spring as I am. I must now get back to editing for tomorrow awaits another great day of paddling and filming on the middle branch of the Sacandaga River.

Comments