The next chapter...

Found out this evening that I got a job working for the Action Sports Company Woodward, that I work for in the summer at their winter location on Copper mountain in Colorado. The excitement and thrill of being somewhere new this winter is uncontrollable right now. Lately all I have been thinking about is work work work and my book. Now all of a sudden I have this new and amazing opportunity rising in front of me and couldn't be happier for the distraction. This is not to say that I am abandoning ship with my book or other freelance work. It's just nice to be preoccupied for a moment with something else.
Speaking of the little thing called my book "Ashe in Wanderland" my brain is like a never ending machine of ideas which is great someitmes yet not so great when I am over tired and in need of a moment of silence in my head. Thankfully, up until a week ago I was still traveling for my last job doing portraits around the east coast and so exhausted from running around shooting all day that I was able to sleep. Not so much since I am back in New York. But hey at least I am using my time wisely. Why just last night I mapped out my whole book's skeletal outline except a minor middle part and oh yeah the ending. Ugh the dreaded ending. I know it's a fairytale so yes it should have a happy ending but... I just don't know yet? The toughest part is that other than the handful of friends/fellow photographers and artists I have told the basic storyline to, most people haven't the faintest idea of what my book is about. At first this was in some ways intentional because I was scared of poepls's reactions or feeling pressured by people to change things or make things different since this book is in some ways semi-auto biographical. Now I just feel alittle helpless. Yes, for the most part this book has been writing itself (as cheesy as that may sound) by littel moments or things that make me feel out "Ashe" and her struggles. Now I just feel like I have hit a wall and am not sure where to go from here? Yet, asking for help is something I am not very good at.
At the end of the day I have faith and feel confident that I will be able to accomplish everything; the book, my story, my new job(s), photographing and having epic adventures while doing it all. Because we only get one shot so why not pack in as much fun, travel, love, creativity and learning as possible. Now I must bid everyone good night while I go start to pack for mine (and Ashe's) next chapter...

Comments