Living the Dream...

Last week I photographed Grand Prix Snowboarding Half pipe competition in Colorado and it went awesome. The sun was shining (for the most part), weather was warm, riders were throwing down and life was good. As I sit here now writing this I am thankful that Grand Prix 2014 is done (it's a ton of fun to shoot but LONG, exhausting days) and stoked about what is to come next. Looks like I may be shooting Revolution Tour at Copper Mtn. next week!
Anyway, even though the competition is done my work is far from over. Since Sunday I have spent over 12 hours looking through images, narrowing down and editing a "best of" album for my website, www.jeaninenewell.com And I still have a good 4-5 hours more to go! With that said I wouldn't change my life right now for the world. Yes, I am missing out on social engagements, parties, happy hours and the like but through all the blood, sweat and tears I have put into this "project"/event I am so stoked and unbelievably proud to show off the powerful images I have created to share with all of you.
In the end once this set of work is done, I am not going to be a millionaire, nor am I going to become famous. However, I am going to be able to proudly display my work on my site, in my portfolio knowing that maybe just maybe this could be a start to something new; another job offer, or an advertisement deal? Who knows? And that is all part of the excitement... and in reality part of my career and job. Exposure of one's work; one's name and pride in their accomplishments can and will help an artist/photographer go just as far or even farther than say just "doing it for the money" and not really caring about what type of job or how good it looks.
No matter what you do for a living, whether it be art related or not, know that if you work hard,have a good attitude, and always try to present a positive all around vibe, people will feed off of that,respect you and appreciate all that you offer. Because when it comes down to it, being around genuine people, creating beautiful images and pieces of original artwork, mean more to me than money or material possessions any day.

Comments