Wandering for sanity's sake.

Almost home...sigh. So I have made it to New Haven CT where my parents live and I grew up as a child. I am sitting in a crowded Starbucks trying to collect my thoughts, email clients, and get back into a workflow routine. Easier said than done. I have been on the road and away from my east coast family and friends for 6 months now. Talk about a head trip. Yes, I travel months at a time and yes I go far distances however, this winter was the first time I have ever lived and worked SO far away from all the things and people I love.
Not going to lie it was an epic winter; tons of snow, warmish weather, great people and an awesome work experience. Yet, still there was moments of homesickness, depression, confusion and insecurity. At this point in my life I have come to the conclusion that it is just all part of the job. You have to take the good with the bad and realize that every situation can and will have its ups and downs.
So as I sit here thinking back on my last couple weeks of epic adventures and traveling across the country I can only smile and say that I wouldn't change a thing. I am blessed to do and live the lifestyle I lead no matter the outcomes. In the past 2 weeks i have laughed, cried, screamed, yelled (even flipped off a jersey driver at a toll booth). And through it all I learned more about myself, what i am capable of and when it's okay to ask for help (thank you Jess Scarpa for having my back) than I have in a really long time.
With this new found energy, passion, and determination I am finally going home to New York and am ready to take my career, life and book "Ashe in Wanderland" to the next level. No more playing it safe. It is my time to grab life by the hand and drag it down that dusty dirt road into the unknown to explore and create.
Since I have been distant, here are a few image teasers from my recent travels. Let the adventures continue...

Comments