Life in Motion

Life has been anything but boring lately. Since leaving PA in August I have been on a non stop rollercoaster from hotel to hotel, photoshoot to photoshoot, state to state and much more. Finding time to breathe has been a challenge. Yet, I wouldn't have it any other way. Welcome to my ever transient life. Right now as I write this I am sitting in a hotel room in Poughkeepsie NY looking at my calendar trying to figure out when my next day to edit personal work (and/or catch up on my sleep) will be. I know to most this sounds insane even torturous, however to me in a weird sadistic way this life in motion is my sanity.
This month holds a very special place in my heart and career. Fall is my favorite time of year, a season of change; earthly, personally and professionally. My birthday is Friday and my company's anniversary is at the end of this month. I still can't believe that I will have been self-employed, and running Jeanine Newell Photography for ten years! When I look back and think of all the things I have done, places I have been, people I have met and goals I have accomplished (I am a published author!) in the last decade it seems unreal. I have truly been blessed to travel the world, creating strong relationships, friendships and clientele all while capturing fleeting moments in time.
Thus, it only seems appropriate to continue pushing myself personally and professionally for the next ten years and then some. So in honor of putting in hard work, I am going to be spending my extended Columbus day weekend kicking it in LA/San Diego California, relaxing (at least trying to) catching up on sleep and even fitting in a few personal photo projects to get hyped about. If there is one thing I have learned through all the ups and downs of my career it is that everyone deserves a few moments to celebrate their achievements and to help them get stoked about future endeavors.
Once I return, life will again be full throttle. I am currently in the middle of lay out for a book version of my Portrait's project I did this summer photographing a portrait a day using only a GoPro Hero camera. Hoping to have a potential release date sometime at the end of November pre-holiday season. Ready set go! Then off to Colorado for the winter and the adventures continue... Who knows what will happen next?

Comments