The Art of Evolution

The time is here; the time is now. In the last few years I have slowly but surely shaken up my jobs, career and lifestyle. I have lived in different states, tried out new ideas, job opportunities and photographed with new clients. One of the main goals for becoming self-employed so long ago was and always will be to keep my business and ideas fresh and ever evolving. The best way to do that is every so often take a step back and see what works and what doesn’t.
Recently I have sat down and looked back at the past four years I have spent working, living and remotely doing business from my art studio in New York. I have come to the conclusion that it is time; I must take a leap of faith and push harder towards my goals. Thus, in April I will be officially saying goodbye to my New York Art Studio and hello to the open road. With an application to Adobe Creative Residency in the works (fingers crossed) and a handful of potential clients lined up for the next coming months, I feel more confident and excited than ever.
Now comes the hard part organizing, packing and sorting my studio to make my company and myself as efficient and mobile as possible. Fortunately, I like a good challenge. In the next coming weeks I will be finishing out my season shooting in Steamboat Springs, printing new material in my darkroom in New York, and packing up my Studio and Whitewater gear to prepare for my first season paddling and shooting on the West Coast. With a strong support system of family and friends across the country, things can only look up for the future. Hans Christian Andersen said it best : To move, to breathe, to fly, to float. To gain all while you give. To roam the roads of lands remote. To travel is to live.”

Comments